Save the date: January, 2022
This year’s ESD workshop will focus on the most important current issues for ESD coordinators and ESD charge:
ESD in machinery and equipment – requirements – measurements – solutions
This workshop is planned as a summary of the following ESD tutorials that have already been held or should be in Las Vegas and San Diego, USA and Nürnberg, Germany as well as a lecture at the Purdue University in West Lafayette, USA. Due to the high attention for these presentations we have decided to summarize those topics in a one-day ESD workshop for anyone interested and to discuss the results together with you::
>> ESD Tutorial: ESD a challange for SMT production line, Fundamentals, Sources, Measurement methods, Solutions – Today and in the Future @ APEX Las Vegas, NV (USA) 2016
>> ESD Tutorial: ESD eine Herausforderung für Maschinen und Anlagenhersteller – ESD Anforderungen an eine SMT Fertigung heute und in der Zukunft @ SMT Hybrid Packaging Nürnberg, Germany 2018
>> ESD Tutorial: ELECTROSTATIC DISCHARGE (ESD) – SOURCES OF ELECTROSTATIC CHARGE IN A PRODUCTION LINE (SMT)
Robotic as a source of electrostatic charge in the future @ APEX San Diego, CA (USA) 2019
>> Vortrag: Electrostatics discharge (ESD): Sources of electrostatic charge in a production line (SMT); measurement of Chargeability @ ELECTROSTATICS JOINT CONFERENCE 2016 at the Purdue University, IN (USA)
Topics of the ESD workshop:
Sources of electrostatic charges in a SMT line
- What kind of materials can be used in machinery and equipment? What kind of materials are available? Are there any requirements for these materials available? Are there any standards or guidelines?
- Electrostatic charges – Detect – Measuring – Rate
- Do measuring methods exist? If yes, are they suitable to standards or not? Are new measurement methods required? Which measurements need to be recorded?
- Which solutions do exist for machinery and equipment, special equipment, etc.?
- How do manufacturers accept these ESD requirements? Do concrete specifications exist? What has to be defined within such requirements?
We look forward to welcome you at this special ESD workshop and to discuss with you the current and future ESD requirements for machinery and equipment!